Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Anatomy Lessons


For this week's Sunday Postcard Art Challenge - ANATOMY.


OK, my first thought was all those stacks of books, and hours in the classroom in graduate and undergraduate anatomy and physiology courses. (I'm a Nurse Practitioner). So I decided to go with my first reaction.

I loved the learning, but it was ... intense. 

Now I'm learning how to draw faces (also a lesson in anatomy)! I sketched her on a dictionary page, used colored pencils, then scanned. The background is scanned from torn strips of some of my doodled gelli prints.

7 comments:

  1. Fun and fabulous!Love her expression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful expressive card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to illustrate this week's theme! Personal (and intense)experience to create a wonderful and witty postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faces are the perfect symbiose of art and anatomy! P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Original take on the theme! Love the colorful background too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great take on the challenge a wonderful collage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful postcard - thanks for joining this challenge

    ReplyDelete