Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Pollock


For this week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge - famous artists - I thought instantly of Jackson Pollock.

Seeing his work in person for the first time left me overwhelmed by its balance and beauty. Such chaos and order in the same space.

I'm unable to find the title of the background (which leads me to think there is none), but the piece is in a private collection.

After extracting the original photo below, I used the graphic novel sketch and liquify tools then experimented with blending. The difference between the two images is striking!


8 comments:

  1. I had to go back and forth several times before I could see his face in the artistic version. I can't say that I am a fan, but I did very much enjoy the movie about his life wherein Ed Harris played the part. At the time I saw the movie, I was fascinated with him for a brief time, and scoured the Internet for bits of information. I was surprised to read that his death was in an auto accident, as opposed to the much more dramatic presentation in the movie!

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful postcard
    thanks for joining this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have captured his style so perfectly and......beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have nailed this it is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete